Custom ROMs bring out a new experience to your mobile devices. As I have been testing custom ROMs for many years, I never stay on a ROM for more than a week, so I’ve tried pretty much every custom ROM there is out there. For your sake, I have cherry-picked the best custom ROMs for Android above. Let us know about your favorite ROM in the comments section below. The overview window shows the most used apps and a few other apps that you might use just like Pixel devices. PixelOS is another retake on stock Android which brings a Pixel-like user interface with added enhancements and stability.
- This is how you can flash Firmware using SP Flash Tool.
- It is essential to take the backup of your personal files, contacts, photos, and videos because once you lose it, you can’t be able to recover it.
- In summary, We can root an Android device in two ways; one uses a custom recovery like TWRP while the other is without the use of any recovery at all.
Finally, you might want to relock your bootloader as well. The most common method is to use Fastboot with the command fastboot oem lock or fastboot flashing lock.
Start by connecting your Android phone to the system using a USB cable. Your phone might get a pop-up message regarding USB Debugging permission. Just agree to it and open the command prompt on your system.
- You can download any similar app of your choice, but I would always recommend to use this.
- It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality.
- This page shows a step-by-step guide on how to flash Stock ROM from Recovery on any Android Smartphone.
- It will also be useful if you encounter bugs or performance-related issues.
- It also introduced Topaz, which stock ROM (firmware) is based on Android 13 and is available for a host of Android devices.
However, you will need an internet connection to download the tool and firmware, custom ROMs, or recovery images that you intend to flash onto your device. Once everything is done, click the “Download” button to start flashing the stock firmware on your MediaTek Android device. The flashing process could take a few minutes to finish, depending upon your device’s firmware file size.